Why risk getting mediocre scores on one of the more important tests you'll ever take?
But don't just take our word for it ... here is what our customers are saying about Tutor Doctor of San Jose's SAT Prep program:
"I am thrilled with the results we received from our tutoring experience. Ryan took the SAT once but wasn't content with his grade, so we supported the decision to include a tutor in his preparations for taking the test the second time. What a great decision we made! He improved his score by over 200 points. We are now receiving daily college acceptances and numerous scholarships. I believe that improving his score, along with his hard work keeping his GPA up; put us into the category of interest for the colleges of his choice. I highly recommend using the Tutor Doctor. So convenient as they came to our house! This worked perfectly with my son's already demanding school expectations." (Stephanie - local parent)
With the Tutor Doctor SAT Preparation Program, your student will begin by taking an SAT Initial Assessment Test and receive a Diagnostic Assessment of your student's academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Each subject in the Initial Assessment Test is broken down into sub-skills and analyzed individually to pinpoint the areas where your student excels and where your student struggles.
- Your student will receive a Student Assessment Summary summarizing the details of the Initial Assessment Test.
A customized program is then designed to meet your students specific academic needs.
- No two students are exactly the same, and the Tutor Doctor SAT Prep Program is NOT "one size fits all"
- Based on the results of the Diagnostic Assessment, we customize a study plan to meet your student's specific needs.
- By individualizing your student's program, we do not waste time teaching information your student already knows, and we do not frustrate your student by starting with content that is too advanced.
Your student will learn the latest skills and strategies designed to score higher on the SAT.
- We use only the latest SAT prep materials.
- We will also provide your student with additional content material, practice tests and worksheets to practice key skills and strategies between sessions.
Your student will be supplied with the key vocabulary words most likely to be on the SAT.
Throughout the program, your student will complete two full length SAT practice tests. They will complete a full-length pretest and towards the end of the tutoring a full-length proctored practice SAT. From the pretest to the post test we are able to see dramatic results and measure each student's performance.
- Each section = 800 points:
- Writing increases between 60-170pts
- Critical Reading increases between 70-140pts
- Math increases between 40-250pts
Students - High Achievers vs Average Students:
- 1990-2150 (up 250 pts) vs 1480-1830 (up 350 pts)
There is a psychological principle called "test-retest", and studies have shown that students perform better on standardized tests the second time they see them.
You and your student will enjoy the in-home convenience of Tutor Doctor.
- We will match your student with one of our trained professional tutors, who will meet with your student in your own home.
- You never need to worry about getting your student to an appointment on time, we come to you.
Your student will enjoy the benefits of consistent one-to-one instruction.
- Your student will not be part of a class nor have to endure changing instructors.
- Your student will be matched up with the best possible tutor and will work with that tutor exclusively for the duration of the program.
Tutor Doctor also has customized ACT Prep programs. We tend to specialize in SAT Prep because the test is perceived to be harder and requires more critcal thinking. It is also the preferred test for most Universities, depending on Location and Major. We can customize a stand alone ACT Prep program for you or incorporate a session or two into the SAT Prep Program if the student is taking both tests.